Sunday, September 9, 2012

Five Days Five Hours

book0001Reverend Moon passed into the next life last week at 92. It has become a time of reflection and self determination for myself and other Unification Church members. I have many copies of Reverend Moon’s autobiography and would be happy to give a copy to anyone who asks.

I have been struggling now, along with my wife, for seven years to make a living. I was recently asked by a man I worked with many many years ago for advice for his son who wants to become a writer. Well, his son is most likely far more accomplished in the technical aspects of the written word than myself. The only advice I could really give is to write, write, write as much as you can. If you look over my blogs for these past seven years or so you will see drastic improvement over time. The majority of that has come from simply practice.

I have written nearly 640 blog posts on my multiple blogs since I began. That does not include many posts and some poetry that I never posted and some I never finished. I also wrote the books you see in the sidebar and am working on two more. All my blogs are available in the sidebar also. I apologize for not being as diligent as I should be on getting my latest book finished.

In these difficult times we hear a lot about those ‘who did build that’ putting in 70, 80, 90 hours a week. For those unemployed or under employed like myself this can bring you down, as without a system or medium to plug into it is hard to consistently put in so many hours of productive efforts. You need a plan and to stick to it. An office away from home would help, but that will come.

So I am setting aside five hours a day to write and design, at least the five days, outside of Sunday, that I am not working on our flower business from morning to evening. I put in over twenty hours a week with our flower business, half of that in one day, and adding twenty-five hours of writing or design I will approach fifty hours of productive effort. Add some work on other Internet opportunities to make money, like advertising, getting some rehab work on my house done every week, miscellaneous work I may put in on a Sunday and I am working on over sixty hours a week. Add my physical training and spiritual pursuits of prayer and study and I will be on my way to getting back to a full and productive life out of some truly tough times. That’s the goal.

Educated and trained in Architecture I am designing a lunar colony for one of my latest books. I will also develop some construction documents off sketches I have for remodeling our home. I am committing to this and the writing above all else and will not expand, and will cut back, on the flower business as soon as opportunity provides. You have to be what you’re gonna be, or you’re not.

I hope you enjoy my work and find your own success whatever your circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment