Wow. I got back into my short stories and it is just flowing. I went over a
finished story and to my surprise there were few to no corrections to be made,
grammar wise or in sentence structure. And this story had been sitting for a few
months.
Meaning? I am past the terrible twos, as those on “A Way with Words” have
described, where you are just spastic in all your writing.
I guess that unless you are an outright English major your brain must relive
all those traumatic classes in grammar, those sentence diagrams and burning eyed
English teachers that made one’s life so miserable in grade school and high
school.
Now that my brain has sorted it all out, things look all the more
brighter.
I had set a preliminary target this year of going to the “Killer Nashville” writer’s conference.
Circumstance did not allow me to arrange the trip but my determination is set,
the resources available and the prospect of having piles of work complete for
next year have all looking good.
I have mentioned this goal before; attending a
writer’s conference. It is an opportunity to learn, to strategize, to
network and possible snag an agent or publisher. I have realized a goodly amount
of completed work will allow one to make the most out of such conferences, so I
am not beating myself up too bad that I could not swing it this year.
Muncie Indiana, Louisville, Nashville, New York and Las Vegas are all cities
holding events that may interest me next year. The nearer, centrally located
conferences hold the greatest draw as they will give me a chance to visit my
older brother.
Thank you for reading. Sorry for the lateness of my post. The garden, and the
benefits the recent heat provided to it, kept me occupied. I am getting a bumper
load of eggplant right now and just realized that the picture on my seed package
and the actual eggplant in hand are not of the same variety.
The trials and tribulations of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment