I know what you are thinking, “It’s not the New Year. What? Are you some kind
of stupid Phillip?”
I had taken on three times the work I had intended in my microgreens business
this Summer and the markets are starting to close down.
The renovations that our tyrannical city demands that I make on our home, can
only be fulfilled within ever shrinking windows of appropriate weather.
My available time is opening up just in time for hunting season but I don’t
have any plans to go hunting.
A perfect time for resolutions.
The stress and lack of sleep, courtesy of my Alderman, have sent my blood
sugars flying for some time now.
Time to commit to some serious exercise and a necessary sleep regiment.
And time to contemplate an emersion plan into my writing.
I am already back into my Master Classes. Their focus is creativity and they
have a large selection of classes on writing.
My mind is favoring towards poetry and Master Class has a new poetry class.
Perhaps those high blood sugars have demented my brain.
I need more practical resolutions. I am not fulfilling all I intend, all I
have stated.
I disappoint myself and others. I need to focus on the immediate and work on
my hopes and dreams quietly.
I have dreamed of someday being rich enough to grace our kitchen table with a
large variety of hot sauces.
I made a step towards fulfilling that dream when we went to an Aldi grand
opening today and I picked up a bottle of Frank’s Hot Sauce. It has no
added sugar. My inability to deal with sugar, sorry sweetheart, has limited my
options in hot sauce compilation completeness.
In my defense I have kept posts on this blog on a basic schedule.
Solitude, outside of Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the north woods call to
me this time of year.
This is notable the most productive time of year for me in regards to
improvement to our home, shelter.
It is a time of year in which I have little patience to tolerate fools.
Perhaps an ancestral influence plays a role in the tides of my life.
Generations after generations preparing for Winter have shaped my spirit,
informed my DNA.
The sins of the fathers, as they say, but hopefully mostly the good.
Do you know what is great about winter? Getting back into a warm cozy home,
under a comforter with a warm mug in hand. A fireplace makes it all the
better.
Is that what a TV has become? The hearth, the fireplace, the open flame
around which so many of our ancestors gathered. We get the flickering light and
a host of fake characters inviting us to take part in their fictitious families
of blood, law enforcement or some other bond.
Or you could go out bowling and have to deal with real people.
The horror.
Happy Halloween.
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment