I am reading more.
That translates into more writing. I am spending a lot of time contemplating
the content of my books. Understandable as much of my reading has always been
religious text and testimony; always.
I was a big reader of Proverbs as a youth and by the time I was twenty-one
had read the Bible more than five times from cover to cover.
So I was watching a couple of old “Dragnet” episode, a few early episodes
titled “Badge 714”. What magnificent dialogue, not to mention acting.
Jack Web produced powerful dialogue arising from the play between
responsibility and respect; the play between those in authority whether arising
from age, experience or position, or all three, and those under authority for the
yet to be achieved aforementioned attributes. So many life lessons.
And words have purpose. Over thousands of years every word kept a specific
meaning that was cherished, necessary, hence preserved.
Words set the parameters for the responsibility respect dynamic.
Now we have common words we are no longer allowed to use. Certain aspects of
the human experience cannot be expressed. When basic words embodying the human
experience are not allowed, or even worse, no longer taught, and the words that
remain are open to interpretation, manipulation and malign, their definitions
changed, anarchy rules.
I did a search for ‘Winston Churchill’ on my Kindle. His vocabulary and
articulation were unmatched. I thought there must be a collection of his
speeches or personal writings somewhere.
I wanted to immerse myself in his vocabulary.
I had started those verbal advantage tapes sometime back, apparently right
when they fell out of favor and became hard to find.
One of the reasons I like the Kindle is the on demand dictionary to
immediately look up any word not completely familiar to me. Yes, more than
understanding via context, I seek the exact meaning.
Words are power. The author, or any professing a word, has an immense
responsibility and in turn their words are freely open to scrutiny.
But debate has been shutdown. Words have been abandoned for shouts, grunts and
growls.
Zero results for my ‘Winston Churchill’ search.
What will come next.
Perhaps
these words will point the way.
Thank you for reading.
(I missed my deadline. Sorry to those of you who have been waiting to read my
shadow banned content. Disruptive family news hit and I completely forgot to
post by the end of the month. I was reminded in prayer at 1am July 1st. I
repent.)
No comments:
Post a Comment