Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Life is Like Driving an Automobile

Writing has come up to the front burner once again. A stove generally has two front burners, so the microgreens business is going strong; not that a stove has anything to do with an automobile.


There is a YouTube Channel I follow that recently posted on a topic I have touched upon before, that is; the crowd you keep and its influence on your life.

So why am I excited about my writing taking off like a rocket ship? (not an automobile) Because of the newest crowd I keep. That would be farmers.

Yes, the influence of good hard working people, fellow vendors, at the farmer’s market has brought much more productivity to my days in every aspect, not that farming has anything to do with automobiles necessarily.

Family and even church, which is a type of extended family, though important are not always the most supportive structures when it comes to being productive. Drama and intense personal relationships can distract one from the bigger picture.

You know, ‘get the big picture’, what they tell you in driver’s education.

Life education I say

Recognize you are part of the whole. ‘Keep your eyes moving’. One’s experience is like so many others and the ability to look outward gives one insight into other’s experiences on the road. It gives one insight into the value of the rules of the road.

Become an educator.

Get one of those cars with two steering wheels I say.

Yes, it is important that you don’t have twelve year olds speeding through red lights in stolen cars. It is important that people do not simply shoot others they feel have slighted them while driving. It is important that millenials actually stop for stop signs rather than looking at their phones. It would be nice to have law enforcement actually enforcing the rules; just a dream I have.

But enough about Milwaukee.

‘Aim high’ and ‘make sure others see you’ may sound like vanity, but it gets one where they want to go and creates a positive influence for others following the rules of the road of life.

The key to creating value is to make one’s victories and tragedies not one’s own, but something shared for the advancement of all.

Growing, becoming a better driver makes one more valuable to the whole; to other drivers.

Life is about creating value. Make people feel safe.

Will creating value get me a nicer automobile?

It better.

One way I create value is by providing a great product at the farmer’s market. Everything brought to the market is fresh and if not sold provides value to the less fortunate.

I hope to create great value with my writing, now that my microgreens production is approaching streamline.

Situational awareness may be one way to frame today’s topic. ‘Leave yourself an out’, another rule of the road, may read as prudence or paranoia.

Do your characters, if you are a fellow writer, have situational awareness?

How do you describe that in your writing?

What details would they notice that others would not?

Would not each of your characters observe the same scene or situation differently?

Seeing through the eyes of others, each a unique perspective; is it the key to adding depth to one’s writing? To providing the utmost value to others?

Does it create appeal for a larger crowd?

So, I was talking at the market with a farmer about a potential trade war with Red China, not Taiwan. I know a lot about China.

My perspective is that as soon as a trade war begins China has lost.

“You have to understand” I said, “that because of Mao’s cultural revolution they killed all the capable cultured people. The whole country is nothing but a bunch of stupid farmers.”

Upon reflection…

Thank you for reading.

I hope I have provided value to your life today.

I have been remiss in my blogging, not fulfilling promised posting goals for my other blogs.

I apologize, especially if this is not my only blog you, my readers, enjoy reading.

Though how would I know, I get no comments, no likes on Facebook, no messages…

Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment